Category Archives: xyxbowem

Chevalier Floatels’ Walk-to-Work Duo Undergoing Maintenance

first_imgChevalier Floatels’ walk-to-work vessels DP Gezina and DP Galyna are undergoing scheduled maintenance in the Netherlands after completing summer campaign works.This summer, DP Galyna supported a maintenance program servicing two offshore wind farms for a turbine manufacturer.DP Gezina provided accommodation and walk-to-work services for commissioning of the two converter stations at the Beatrice offshore wind farm in the UK.According to Chevalier Floatels, work for the coming fall period has been secured but there are still openings for new projects.As the summer was very busy with no walk-to-work vessels available, several contractors still have incomplete projects, the company said, adding that it is thus discussing projects for the coming months and is confident more charters will be fixed before the year-end.last_img read more

Osimhen returns to base, ready for Raon l’Etape clash

first_img Manager Christophe Galtier will be banking on the 21-year-old, who replaced Arsenal’s Nicolas Pepe, to get the goals. Three days after the tie, Amiens SC are up next for Lille in the Coupe de la Ligue before travelling to Stade Gaston-Gerard for their Ligue clash against Dijon. Read Also:Osimhen pumps Lille fans to One Million on FB Osimhen is in line to be named as African Young Player of Year at the 2019 Caf Awards in Egypt, however, he must fend off the challenge from Morocco’s Achraf Hakimi and compatriot Samuel Chukwueze. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Victor Osimhen has returned to Lille training ahead of their upcoming Coupe de France clash against Raon l’Etape. Osimhen The forward was in Nigeria for the Yuletide break after an eventful 2019, where he scored 13 times after joining the French top-flight side from Sporting Charleroi. On Thursday, Osimhen joined the rest of the Great Danes as they get set for Sunday’s Round of 64 showdown against the fifth-tier side.Advertisement Loading…last_img read more

Cricket News Imran Tahir, South Africa legspinner to quit ODIs after ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

first_img For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. highlights New Delhi: Imran Tahir has been a vital cog for South Africa in the limited overs format. The legspinner, who was born in Pakistan but migrated to South Africa, played a wonderful role in South Africa’s thumping win over Sri Lanka in the first ODI in Johannesburg. Tahir’s 3/26 underlined his value and how vital he will be for the South Africa cricket team in the upcoming ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 which will be held in England and Wales from May 30. However, in a surprise move, Tahir announced that he would retire from the ODI format after the end of the tournament but stressed that he would be available to play Twenty20 Internationals for South Africa with an eye on the 2020 World T20 which will be held in Australia. In a statement released by Cricket South Africa, Tahir spoke about his future after the end of the World Cup.”I have always wanted to play in the World Cup. I have a mutual understanding with Cricket South Africa and going forward I decided that I would finish at the World Cup, that is why I am contracted until then. After that, Cricket South Africa has allowed me to go and play around the world in various leagues but I would also love to play T20 cricket for South Africa,” Tahir said. His performance drew attention to the fact that he was not on the list of contracted players for the 2019/20 year released by Cricket South Africa last week. But he revealed on Monday that he had reached an agreement with CSA for his contract to expire at the end of July, extending his 2018/19 contract by three months.RELATEDTahir has been part of four ICC World events and he has made a mark for South Africa. He featured in the 2011 and 2015 World Cup while he also played in the 2014 and 2016 World T20 tournament. In the 2015 World Cup encounter against the West Indies in Sydney, Tahir’s haul of 5/45 gave South Africa a massive 257-run victory after AB de Villiers had smashed the fastest 150 in ODIs. Tahir also took 7/45 during the tri-series tournament game against the West Indies in St Kitts in 2016. The haul was not only the best by a South African bowler in ODIs but he also became the fastest Proteas bowler to take 100 wickets, achieving it in just 58 games and bettering the record set by Morne Morkel who took it in 59 matches. The legspinner, who will turn 40 next month, said retiring from one-day internationals was a difficult decision. “I would love to play for as long as I can. But there is a stage in your life where you have to make big decisions,” Tahir said. Tahir, who played under MS Dhoni for the Rising Pune Supergiants franchise in the IPL, will be aiming to bow out on a high in the final international series at home against Sri Lanka before the World Cup. South Africa are currently leading the five-match series 1-0 and will be aiming to extend their advantage in the second ODI which will be played at Centurion Park on March 6.center_img Imran Tahir made his ODI debut in the 2011 World Cup against West Indies in Delhi.Imran Tahir’s 7/45 is the best haul by a South Africa bowler in ODIs. Imran Tahir has been part of the 2011 and 2015 World Cups for South Africa.last_img read more

Serena Williams tops schedule with play underway at US Open

first_imgSerena Williams tops schedule with play underway at US Open Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditNEW YORK (AP) — The Latest on the U.S. Open tennis tournament:The fourth day of play is underway at the U.S. Open, with Serena Williams, reigning Australian Open champion Sofia Kenin, Andy Murray and Dominic Thiem among those scheduled to take the court. Williams faces Margarita Gasparyan, who is ranked No. 117. The forecast calls for partly cloudy skies with a high of 76 degrees. September 3, 2020 Associated Press ___More AP tennis: https://apnews.com/apf-Tennis and https://twitter.com/AP_Sportslast_img

UC Irvine next up for undefeated USC

first_imgThe No. 7 USC women’s volleyball team (10-0) looks to complete a perfect nonconference season tonight as it heads to Irvine, Calif., to face off against UC Irvine at 7 p.m.Unbreakable · Junior setter Kendall Bateman and freshman middle blocker Alexis Olgard have been key to the Women of Troy’s success. – Tim Tran | Daily Trojan Despite having just completed the Fresno State Invitational last weekend — where the Women of Troy swept Fresno State, Cal State Bakersfield and Sacramento State — USC coach Mick Haley does not seem worried about his team playing on such short rest. Part of this confidence stems from the fact that many of his players were rotated into this weekend’s matches, and his team is not suffering from many injuries.“We need to go win down at Irvine on Tuesday night, and then we’ll open the conference Friday night at Galen Center with the Bruins,” Haley said. “I think we’ve got time to get ready for all of that.”Prior to this weekend’s games, Haley was asked how he felt about his team having to play four games in just five days. Although he did express some concern, he justified the hectic schedule, saying he recognized how deep his team is and wanted to challenge his players while also giving more of them the opportunity to get into some games.Freshman outside hitter Falyn Fonoimoana said she did not believe the team would be fatigued when it came time to face the Anteaters Tuesday.“We’ll be ready for Irvine because we take each opponent as a respectable team and I think we’re gonna be ready to take another step further to get us to conference,” Fonoimoana said.Throughout the season, Haley has stressed defense as the area the team needs to work on in practice. Although Fonoimoana recognizes this as well, she also said the Women of Troy need to focus on fundamentals in order to prepare for Tuesday’s game.“I think you can never be too good at the little things right now, and I think that’s a good motto for us right now,” Fonoimoana said.Fonoimoana is one of the players to watch in Tuesday’s match. The freshman recorded 32 kills over the span of three games last weekend. Saturday night against Sacramento State, she earned her first collegiate double-double with 10 kills and 11 digs.Other players to keep an eye on include junior setter Kendall Bateman, who had 102 assists in the Fresno State Invitational, including 39 against Sacramento State. Freshman middle blocker Alexis Olgard recorded eight kills of her own that game. Olgard and Fonoimoana are just two of six freshmen currently playing on Haley’s roster.UC Irvine is coming off a loss Saturday to UCLA at home. The team has also lost to Hawai’i this season, a team USC defeated in one of its first matches of the season. UC Irvine currently sits with a record of 4-7, while the Women of Troy have swept their last four opponents and eight out of 10 so far this season.last_img read more

Rihanna Offers to Purchase $ 1 Million Worth of Ventilators for…

first_imgBRIDGETOWN, Barbados – In support of Barbados’ fight against the coronavirus (COVID-19), the island’s Prime Minister Mia Mottley announced that Bajan superstar Rihanna offered to purchase ventilators worth a total BB$1.4 million (US $700,000) to help the country fight against the pandemic.The news came today as the island confirmed six cases of COVID-19 on the island. The first cases were announced earlier this week, and two more cases were confirmed today.The two new cases are Barbadians: a male in his 20s and a female in her 60s, both of whom recently returned to the island from the United States.To alleviate the losses that many businesses and economies will feel, Mottley announced several measures including employment benefits for displaced workers, retaining of hospitality employees, a six-month moratorium on mortgage payments and the eschew of evictions, among other measures.Rihanna, who was born in Saint Michael, is the Barbadian Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary. She has funded several projects on the island including the Clara Braithwaite Center for Oncology and Nuclear Medicine at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.last_img read more

Toure calls for stronger punishment after alleged racial abuse in Champions League tie

first_imgYaya Toure was “furious” after suffering alleged racial abuse during Manchester City’s Champions League win at CSKA Moscow and called for strong action.The City midfielder suggested lengthy stadium bans should be imposed after he was the target of apparent monkey chanting from “stupid” supporters in City’s 2-1 win at the Arena Khimki.It is not the first time he has experienced such vitriol as he and – primarily – Mario Balotelli were targeted during a Europa League game at Porto in February 2012.Porto were fined £16,700 by European governing body UEFA after that incidence – less than the £24,740 City had to pay for delaying the second-half kick-off by one minute – and Toure believes tougher sanctions are necessary.The Ivory Coast international, who complained to the referee about the issue during the match, said: “I’m not just disappointed, I’m furious.”I’m very, very disappointed about what those fans have done and I think UEFA has to take action because players with the same colour of skin will always be in the same position. “For me, as captain, I was wearing an armband which said ‘no to racism’ and I was totally disappointed.”Maybe they could ban the stadium, I don’t know, for a couple of years or a couple of months.”It’s stupid these people. I don’t know, it just happens in football. It’s unbelievable.”They’re stupid, they’re just stupid. UEFA has to take action to right it otherwise I think they will just continue.”City have confirmed they will make an official complaint to UEFA over the matter. A club representative spoke to the match delegate from European football’s governing body after the game and that action will be followed up with a written submission.The issue also raises concerns about racism ahead of the 2018 World Cup, which will be hosted in Russia.FIFA vice-president Jim Boyce called on Russian authorities to clamp down on racism.Boyce told BBC Radio Five Live: “The Russian federation has got to assure – along with the Russian government – that these incidents are put to bed because it’s happening too often.”Too much abuse has been happening in many, many parts of eastern Europe. “Eastern Europe has problems, but we have problems in other parts of the world as well.”It’s got to be eradicated and the only way is to take serious action against the people who do it – don’t allow them to watch football matches.”I’ve always said fining clubs is not a solution to this problem.”A lot of the clubs take every step they can – they can’t stop some of these idiots.”Piara Powar, executive director of the FARE Network (Football Against Racism in Europe), believes UEFA has been moving in the right direction on such matters. He said: “UEFA have changed their rules and already this season sanctions are harder than ever before.”For a first offence you face a partial stadium closure; for a second offence your stadium will be closed for a match.”It’s taken a long time to get here, but I think we are seeing some movement on the sanction side.”In terms of education, I don’t know how long that’s going to take, to educate fans like we’ve seen at CSKA.”last_img read more