Militants shot dead a police officer in Anantnag in south Kashmir on Monday afternoon. Assistant sub-inspector Abdul Rashid Pir was critically injured when militants fired at him near Mehandi Kadal. “Pir was declared dead in a Srinagar hospital where he was shifted for specialised treatment,” an official said.In a separate incident, a mob threw stones at the convoy of the Inspector-General, CRPF, in the Tengpuna area of Pulwama. The security personnel fired tear gas shells to disperse the protesters. Meanwhile, a cordon and search operation was stalled by clashes in Vijpara area of Hajin. The operation was called off after youth pelted forces with stones. Security forces used smoke shells to control the situation.
- Zidane visits Ronaldo where he did his best ‘no goal’
- Sarabia: “There are no problems between Tuchel and Mbappé; they joke”
- Agnelli enrages Atalanta: “I don’t know if I should be in the Champions League”
- FIFA proposes to extend contracts beyond June 30 and players oppose
- Oblak, the best goalkeeper of the last decade of LaLiga