Tag Archives: 夜上海论坛

Ronaldo says he’s father of baby girl

first_imgBrace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC Stronger peso trims PH debt value to P7.9 trillion Kammuri turning to super typhoon less likely but possible — Pagasa UAAP Starting 5: Week 10 MOST READ Japan ex-PM Nakasone who boosted ties with US dies at 101 LATEST STORIES John Lloyd Cruz a dashing guest at Vhong Navarro’s wedding QC cops nab robbery gang leader, cohort Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles01:58With new role in drug war, Robredo might ‘baby’ the drug lords – Bong Go00:50Trending Articles01:37Protesters burn down Iran consulate in Najaf01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games FILE – Portuguese soccer player Cristiano Ronaldo, second from right, and son Cristiano Ronaldo Jr., right, sit beside Argentinian soccer player Lionel Messi, left, and wife Antonella during the The Best FIFA 2017 Awards at the Palladium Theatre in London, Monday, Oct. 23, 2017. (AP Photo/Alastair Grant)MADRID — Soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo has announced that he is the father of a baby girl.Ronaldo posted a photo Sunday on Twitter of him with the baby’s mother, Georgina Rodriguez, and his oldest son in a hospital in Madrid.ADVERTISEMENT Read Next CPP denies ‘Ka Diego’ arrest caused ‘mass panic’ among S. Tagalog NPA The Real Madrid and Portugal forward accompanied the image with the message written in Portuguese: “Alana Martina has just been born! Both Geo and Alana are fine! We are all very happy!”The baby is Ronaldo’s fourth child. He had two children earlier this year, reportedly through a surrogate mother.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutRonaldo made his relationship with Rodriguez public last year. Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. View commentslast_img read more

Kohli wants WAGS on tour; Gambhir says works for some players, not for others

first_imgGautam Gambhir had his say on the issue of player-wives (WAGS) being allowed for entire duration of an overseas tour and according to him, the situation is different for different individuals.The whole issue has come up after Virat Kohli requested Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) to allow the WAGS to stay with the team for the entire duration of the tour. BCCI is yet to take a decision on it but the Committee of Administrators (COA), could well give in to the captain’s demands as nothing that Kohli has demanded so far has been turned down. However, the decision won’t be a rushed one.Speaking on it, Gambhir said that family presence on tour works for some players but it may not for another.”The player opinion varies. Only an individual can say because the individual has to play a Test match. Some want family to be there for the whole tour while others want little family time and they try to concentrate (on cricket),” Gambhir told India Today.Also read – Virat Kohli wants wives to be allowed to accompany players on full overseas tours: Reports”Whatever the decision, it should be taken in the best interest of Indian cricket,” Gambhir added. Anushka Sharma was seen hanging out with Virat Kohli for a considerable amount of time in England (@virat.kohli Photo)Sources in BCCI have confirmed to India Today that they are not hurrying into a decision bearing in mind the possibility that too much family time can influence practice time on tour.advertisementBCCI currently allows WAGs on tour for a limited period of two weeks. Previously the policy was to allow WAGs to be with the players for one of the formats in a long tour.Also read – Virat Kohli enjoying simple things in life with Anushka Sharma in EnglandAlthough the request for change in policy has come from captain Virat Kohli, who married actor Anushka Sharma late last year, he isn’t the only married man in the side. Half the Test team from Cheteshwar Pujara, Ravichandran Ashwin, Umesh Yadav, Ajinkya Rahane, Ishant Sharma, Bhuveneshwar Kumar, Ravindra Jadeja are all married.last_img read more

Oldham pick Wellens over Scholes & Seedorf

first_imgOldham Athletic Riche Wellens beats out Scholes and Seedorf for Oldham manager job Ryan Benson Last updated 2 years ago 23:32 10/18/17 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(0) wellens-cropped Twitter: @OfficialOAFC Oldham Athletic Milton Keynes Dons v Oldham Athletic Milton Keynes Dons League One While two former international stars interviewed for the vacant Latics post, it is the caretaker and ex-Manchester United trainee who has prevailed Paul Scholes and Clarence Seedorf have both been unsuccessful in their applications to become the next Oldham Athletic manager, with interim boss Richie Wellens appointed on a full-time basis.John Sheridan left Oldham on September 25 by mutual consent after a poor start to the League One season which had seen them lose seven of their first nine games.Oldham 12/5 to beat MK Dons Article continues below Editors’ Picks Why Barcelona god Messi will never be worshipped in the same way in Argentina Lyon treble & England heartbreak: The full story behind Lucy Bronze’s dramatic 2019 Liverpool v Man City is now the league’s biggest rivalry and the bitterness is growing Megan Rapinoe: Born & brilliant in the U.S.A. Wellens stepped in on an interim basis and inspired an instant improvement, guiding them to four wins and a draw across all competitions in the five matches he has taken charge of.The club confirmed that former Manchester United star and Oldham supporter Scholes was among those interviewed for the position, with the 42-year-old linked with the job several times before due to his strong ties with them.BREAKING NEWS: Wellens Appointed New Oldham Athletic Manager. #oafc https://t.co/KIzuPxeUq5— Oldham Athletic AFC (@OfficialOAFC) October 18, 2017Four-time Champions League winner Seedorf was also spoken to about the position at Boundary Park, with Oldham’s search attracting plenty of interest.But the Latics have stuck with Wellens, whose next task is Saturday’s trip to MK Dons.last_img read more

a month agoDavid De Gea ‘honoured’ to sign new Man Utd deal

first_img

David De Gea ‘honoured’ to sign new Man Utd dealby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester United goalkeeper David De Gea has signed a new contract.De Gea has signed a new four-year contract with the option to extend that by a further year, ending long-term speculation over his future at the club.De Gea was signed from Atletico Madrid by Sir Alex Ferguson in 2011, taking time to adapt to English football before establishing himself as one of the best goalkeepers in the world.Now 28-year-old, he has won every major trophy, bar the Champions League, in his time at the club, and has been voted Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year on four occasions.“It has been a privilege to spend eight years at this great club and the opportunity to continue my career at Manchester United is a genuine honour,” De Gea told the club website. “Since I arrived here, I could never have imagined I would play over 350 games for this club.“Now my future is fixed, all I want is to help this team achieve what I believe we can and win trophies again, together.“As one of the senior players in the squad, I want to support and lead in any way that I can to assist the younger players, so they know what it means to play here.”I still feel that I have so much more to achieve at the club and I truly believe that Manchester United can build on the club’s tradition of success and reward our fans for their support.“I am committed to continue repaying the fans for all of the care that they’ve shown me during the good times and the bad.” TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

Parents Implored to Monitor Children for Smoking

first_img Parents are being encouraged by the Jamaica Cancer Society to pay keen attention to their adolescent children for signs that they may be smoking.According to the Global Youth Tobacco Survey (GYTS), statistics on tobacco use among children aged 13 to 15 years indicate a significant increase between 2001 and 2010. The GYTS showed that the percentage of boys 13 to 15 reported to have used tobacco in 2001 stood at 19 per cent, while the girls were tallied at 12 per cent. The estimates for 2010 showed boys at 32 per cent and girls at 16.8 per cent.Speaking at a JIS ‘Think Tank’ on January 30, Senior Medical Officer and Pulmonologist at the National Chest Hospital, Dr. Terry Baker, said the steady increase in numbers among the youth is a worrying trend, because of the grave risks associated with tobacco use.“In Jamaica, the use is not limited to the smoking of cigarettes, but is also combined in its unprocessed form with marijuana for the purpose of smoking,” she explained.Dr. Baker noted that cigarette smoke contains over four thousand substances, seventy of which are known to be carcinogenic (cancer causing).Nicotine, which is found in cigarettes, is a highly addictive substance and is quickly absorbed into the bloodstream.Meanwhile, Executive Director of the Jamaica Cancer Society, Yulit Gordon, said that nicotine “is as addictive as or even more addictive than heroin or cocaine”.She pointed out that youth who begin smoking before the age of 21 years have the hardest time breaking the habit.“It is for this reason that we are asking parents to be vigilant and look for indicators that your children may be engaging in tobacco use,” said Ms. Gordon.She outlined that some of the telltale signs include consistent coughing, throat irritation or hoarseness and shortness of breath.“All parents are encouraged to have general dialogue with their children to prevent them from beginning the habit in the first place, as this is easier and more effective than having to reverse the addiction,” said Dr. Baker.Children should be encouraged to become more engaged in physical activities and to stay away from other children who may be involved in risky behaviours or habits. Speaking at a JIS ‘Think Tank’ on January 30, Senior Medical Officer and Pulmonologist at the National Chest Hospital, Dr. Terry Baker, said the steady increase in numbers among the youth is a worrying trend, because of the grave risks associated with tobacco use. Parents are being encouraged by the Jamaica Cancer Society to pay keen attention to their adolescent children for signs that they may be smoking. Story Highlights Dr. Baker noted that cigarette smoke contains over four thousand substances, seventy of which are known to be carcinogenic (cancer causing). last_img read more

Primal Scream And Editors Help Oxfam Raise Awareness For Syrian Crisis

first_imgPrimal Scream, The xx, Editors, Bombay Bicycle Club and more have shared their ultimate playlists with Oxfam to help raise awareness of the massive humanitarian crisis currently affecting Syrian people.In the countdown to the Glastonbury festival, Oxfam will be releasing one specially created playlist a day chosen by some of the biggest and most diverse names in music and hosted exclusively by Spotify. People are being encouraged to share the customised playlists to show solidarity with Syrian people.The humanitarian crisis is of staggering proportions and deteriorating daily. Violent conflict has forced over six million Syrian people from their homes, 1.6m of whom are now refugees in neighbouring countries. They include schoolchildren, students, musicians, accountants, and teachers – people from every walk of life who’ve lost everything.Oxfam is aiming to reach 650,000 people in the coming months, however the massive surge in refugee numbers and the scale of the crisis is leaving relief agencies overstretched and struggling to cope. The charity have recently launched a petition calling on the UK government to champion the needs of everyone affected, by increasing international aid inside Syria and across the region, and supporting efforts to find a peaceful, not military, end to the crisis.The playlists include fourteen of the artist’s favourite tracks ever, from festival highlights, to early musical inspirations. Playlists are available on www.oxfam.org.uk/musicforsyria.To mark World Refugee Day, Oxfam will also be asking people to share a beautifully shot music film by music producer and film maker Alex Forster, featuring a group of Syrian musicians in Zaatari camp, Jordan. The musicians, also brothers, are part of Oxfam’s Voice project, which helps refugees to make their voices heard, using tools such as music and storytelling to raise their concerns and highlight their needs. The film shows the men singing and talking about how music has helped them cope with life in the camp, channelling their sadness and anger. Their inspiring lyrics reflect camp life and are often patriotic highlighting how they miss their homeland.Syrian musician, Diaa Hariri said: “Music is now much more important to us than it used to be before. We change the lyrics of the songs in a way that expresses our lives now.”Syrian musician, Hasan Hariri said: “The motive behind our singing is both social and therapeutic; therapeutic because we forget a little about our frustration and hardships in the camp, and at the same time it is social because we bring people together to enjoy their time.”By sharing the music, film and playlists people will be supporting the charity’s ‘Love Syria’ festival campaign. For more information, click here.Source:Oxfam.org.uklast_img read more

PM flags off Lucknow Metros NorthSouth corridor

first_imgKanpur: Prime Minister Narendra Modi Friday flagged off the commercial run on Lucknow Metro’s North-South corridor through video conference from Kanpur. The length of the North-South corridor is 23 kilometre. Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, Deputy Chief Minister Keshav Prasad Maurya, Chandauli MP and state BJP chief Mahendra Nath Pandey, Kanpur MP Murli Manohar Joshi, along with other state ministers were present on the occasion. The prime minister also laid the foundation stone for Agra Metro Rail project. Modi also distributed keys of houses to the beneficiaries of PM Awas Yojana.last_img

Six workers critically hurt in Gurugram factory fire

first_imgGurugram: Six people working in a garment factory in Gurugram received burn injuries after the industrial unit named Shobha designs caught fire due to short circuit on Sunday morning. The incident occurred in the industrial area of Sector-37 at around 3:00 am.All seven workers are from Uttar Pradesh. According to sources all the workers injured in the mishap have received 25 to 30 percent of burn injuries. Meanwhile the two who are critically injured and have been admitted to Delhi’s Safdarjung Hospital have received 70 to 75 percent of burn injuries. Also Read – More good air days in Delhi due to Centre’s steps: JavadekarThe two workers who are in critical conditions have been identified as Arun and Ravinder. While Arun is from Mirzapur, Ravinder is from Saharanpur. Other victims in the incident have been identified as Satyaprakash (Badohi), Kamlesh, (Prayagraj), Santosh and, Chotelal (Bulandshahr). The four are receiving treatment in a private hospital in Gurugram Three fire tender vehicles were used to douse the fire and it took more than hour an hour for the fire officials to bring the situation under control. Also Read – Union min Hardeep Singh Puri, Delhi L-G lay foundation stones for various projects in DwarkaAccording to fire officials the garment factory was functioning illegally and had not taken required safety measures. The fire officials stated that the fire occurred at the basement and then spread to the other areas. The impact of the loss caused due to the mishap can be gauged from the fact that three machines of the garment unit were completely destroyed. “The main reason for the fire was short circuit. We observed that the owner had not changed the wires and it was extremely outdated. We observed that the factory was functioning illegally and various measures of security were compromised,” said a senior official from Gurugram fire department. Meanwhile the police have also filed a formal complaint in the case and have begun their investigation. This is the second major tragedy that has occurred in the industrial units of Gurugram.last_img read more

King Mohammed VI 50th anniversary of Moroccan parliament a historic moment

first_imgRabat – King Mohammed VI said on Monday that the 50th anniversary of the Moroccan parliament is a “historic moment” in the political evolution process of Morocco, which, thanks to this institution, has succeeded in consolidating the foundations of a representative democracy.In a message addressed to members of the House of Representatives and of the Chamber of Advisors, the Sovereign said the establishment of the parliament, 50 years ago, had “embodied the shared will of the king and the people”, just like other major events and causes that punctuated Morocco’s history since independence.The Royal message, read out by speaker of the House of Representatives, Karim Ghellab, further said that the anniversary “is a historic moment in the process reflecting the political evolution of the State and the Moroccan people, at large and the Moroccan political elite, particularly”.The Sovereign further underlines that the Parliament has accomplished, during half a century of existence, its mission of law-making and control, while emerging as a space for the training of national political elites and a framework of debates, exchange and diverging viewpoints, both with the Government or between the majority and the opposition. The King also recalled that the 2011 constitution has granted the Moroccan parliament a privileged status among the national institutions as a full-fledged legislative power, increasingly open to women’s participation in political life and in public affairs management , in keeping with the Sovereign’s will to increase women contributions in all walks of life, particularly in the political field.last_img read more

Deon Grants Wish Comes True Retires as NY Giant

Deon Grant had his mind set on one thing upon entering the NFL back in 2000—making sure he retired from the game as a New York Giant, so he could be one for the rest of his life.Grant, the defensive leader of the Giants Super Bowl XLVI champions, officially announced his retirement on Wednesday.In a statement provided by the Giant ball club, Grant said, “The Giants are a connection in my heart that I knew that I was supposed to be there. The last year that I signed there to go to the Super Bowl I could have signed with a bunch of teams, but I wanted to sign with the Giants. The way that the owners opened the doors and signed me back and the general manager (Jerry Reese) and the coaching staff … we did each other a favor, but it definitely solidified my career for me.”Grant, 34, played with the Carolina Panthers, Jacksonville Jaguars and Seattle Seahawks before signing with the Giants in 2010. After undergoing several surgeries to his shoulder, ankle and hand, he knew he’d had enough.Yet this might not be the last we see of the Giants’ safety, Grant hasn’t completely given up on the game and hopes to someday return as a coach.“I still study the game a lot,” he said. “I study the game because I think that’s going to be a place where I land on my feet as far as coaching. I do a lot of charity work, I have other businesses running for me, but my main thing right now is getting back into that whole football swing of things.” read more