A five-month-old infant was on Tuesday electrocuted at his Region Six (East Berbice-Corentyne) home.Dead is Mason Cush of Lot 207 Number 76 Housing Scheme, Corentyne, Berbice.Reports are the infant’s mother Onessa Jackson, 27, took him off her bed at about 12:00h on Tuesday and placed him on the floor as she straightened the bedding. However, while on the floor, the infant grabbed hold of an electric wire which had scotch tape on a section which was broken. The infant reportedly made contact with the exposed part of the wire and was helpless; by the time Jackson realised what had happened, the child was electrocuted.He was rushed to the Skeldon Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival. The incident was reported to the Police and the mother was taken into custody. However, she was released on Thursday.A post-mortem examination is expected to be performed on the infant’s body today.