Tag Archives: 上海kb最新

Total number of journalists detained since 14 June rises to six

first_img Help by sharing this information to go further Call for Iranian New Year pardons for Iran’s 21 imprisoned journalists After Hengameh Shahidi’s pardon, RSF asks Supreme Leader to free all imprisoned journalists Iran: Press freedom violations recounted in real time January 2020 News Organisation Receive email alerts IranMiddle East – North Africa IranMiddle East – North Africa Newscenter_img March 18, 2021 Find out more RSF_en June 9, 2021 Find out more June 18, 2003 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Total number of journalists detained since 14 June rises to six Reporters Without Borders protested today against the arrest on 16 June of Ensafali Hedayat of Salam, who was the sixth journalist to be detained in a space of three days against a backdrop of student protests. His detention was preceded on 15 June by the arrests of Mohsen Sazgara, editor of the (closed) reformist daily Jameh and creator of the news website www.alliran.net, and Amin Bozorgian, editor of Golestan-e-Iran. The first three journalists to be detained, on 14 June, were Taghi Rahmani of the weekly Omid-e-Zangan, Reza Alijani, editor of the monthly Iran-e-Farda and winner of the Reporters Without Borders – France Foundation press freedom prize in 2001, and Hoda Saber, a member of Iran-e-Farda’s editorial staff. “These arrests are alarming – how far does the Iranian government intend to go?” said Reporters Without Borders secretary-general Robert Ménard, again urging the European Union to condemn these “serious abuses.” Ménard called for the immediate release of all 14 journalists currently imprisoned in Iran.Ménard also called on the Iranian authorities to officially acknowledge the arrests of Bozorgian and Hedayat, whose families have had no word of them since they were taken away by unidentified persons. Bozorgian, who was stopped in the street and taken away on 15 June, was previously abducted by thugs on 26 November 2002 and released five days later. Hedayat was covering a demonstration at the university of Tabriz in the north of the country on 16 June when he was detained by unidentified persons. His wife has had no news of him since then.Sazgara’s wife said her husband has been on hunger strike since his arrest on 15 June. He was previously detained at his home on 18 February, several days after posting an article on his website in which he criticised Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, the Islamic republic’s “supreme leader.” He was released four days later. On 3 June, he was banned from leaving the country because he had spoken on foreign radio stations. It is assumed that Sazgara, Bozorgian and Hedayat are suspected of inciting students to revolt.The families of Rahmani, Alijani and Saber have also received no word of them since their arrests on 14 June, but their arrests have at least been officially acknowledged by the authorities, who have accused them of meeting secretly with students to support the protest movement.Another journalist, Negare Babaghani of the daily Hambastegui, was beaten by plain-clothes police in the course of the anti-government protests that have been taking place daily around the main university campus in Tehran for more than a week.More than 250 intellectuals and journalists wrote an open letter to Ayatollah Khamenei on 15 June warning that the Islamic republic would be in danger if he did not stop resisting reforms. The letter’s signatories supported the 135 parliamentarians who addressed a letter to Khamenei at the end of last month. Rahmani, Alijani and Saber are alleged to have been the instigators of the parliamentary letter. News News Follow the news on Iran February 25, 2021 Find out morelast_img read more

Government launches probe into DDCA account books

first_imgS. KannanFormer India all-rounder Kirti Azad’s campaign against Delhi’s cricket administrators has turned out to be a fruitful one with the government on Thursday ordering an inspection of the “account books” of the Delhi & District Cricket Association (DDCA).Azad, a BJP Member of Parliament, raised a question on September 6, alleging manipulation of financial and other records, improper conduct of AGMs, irregular purchases, injudicious fund spending and payment of honorariums against the provisions of the Articles of Association.In his written reply, the Minister of State for Corporate Affairs, RPN Singh, informed that the inspection of the account books and other records of the DDCA under Section 209 A of the Companies Act of 1956 has been ordered.Narinder Batra, treasurer, DDCA told Mail Today: “We have no objection to the inspection of our accounts by agencies concerned. Our accounts are properly audited and if any authority wants to see it, we have no objection at all.”It is learnt the Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO) is expected to start its investigation next week. It will go through the accounts of the last eight years, when major construction activity was going on at the DDCA.Azad had moved a privilege motion in the Lok Sabha against the false reply submitted by Ministry of Urban Development (MUD), which is at variance with its own RTI replies. It clearly admits that there is no valid lease executed between Ministry of Urban Development and the DDCA.It is learnt that the DDCA has so far spent over Rs 100 crore on construction of the Kotla stadium during this eight-year period. Azad and other DDCA pressure groups have been demanding a probe into the mismanagement of cricket affairs in the Capital.Azad also sat on a day-long dharna along with many other former India players just before the start of season five of the IPL.Subsequently, the one-time payment by the Indian cricket board (BCCI) to Azad and other cricketers was stopped at the DDCA’s behest after the dharna.The payment was released only after three former cricketers – Maninder Singh, Surinder Khanna and Gursharan Singh -under pressure from the DDCA gave written apologies with an assurance that “they didn’t support Kirti Azad against DDCA”.However, Azad says that every single player from Delhi wants the cricket system to be cleaned up. “If confronted with a situation where people have to lose money ranging from Rs 35 to 70 lakh, only lion hearted or financially secure individuals will take a stand. Sadly, DDCA used pressure tactics to get these players to retract their stand. But be assured that all cricketers are with us in the battle against DDCA’s mismanagement and corrupt practices,” said the 1983 World Cup-winning team member.”This will be ‘Kotla Gate’. All the years of mismanagement of funds will be exposed. The personal worth of top DDCA officials has grown manifold in the period under review. Elections have become a farce with just four or five senior DDCA executive members registering and casting 700 to 2000 proxies each – collection of these proxies in 14 days is physically impossible for any one individual,” said Azad on Saturday.Asked if this means fighting fellow partyman and Leader of the Opposition in the Rajya Sabha, Arun Jaitley, Azad said: “It has nothing to do with the party because the party itself has nothing to do with cricket. I have all regard for Mr Jaitley.”Former players, though, have welcomed the inquiry. “We were forced by the DDCA to give apologies. But we are one on the issue of cleansing cricket in Delhi,” two of the three players said.advertisementlast_img read more

Need to create sporting culture, define our aspiration: Bindra

first_imgNew Delhi, Aug 25 (PTI) Abhinav Bindra, Indias only individual Olympic gold medallist, today stressed on the need to “aggressively” work towards creating a sporting culture in the country and “clearly define” its aspiration. “We should aggressively work towards creating a sporting culture in the country, encourage weekend sporting activity rather than going for, say movies. We need to indulge in sporting activities. You dont need to play competitively. And this has not happened,” Bindra said. The five-time Olympian, who called time on his decorated shooting career after the Rio Games last year, was in the capital for a talk chaired by NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant. Going back in time, Bindra said he had wanted to stay at home but had to go abroad because of lack of infrastructure and coaching, and sports secretary Injeti Srinivas said they are trying to reverse that trend. “My plan A was to train at home but had to switch to plan B,” he said. As part of the eight-member Olympic Task Force – constituted to plan a roadmap to improve Indias performance in the next three Olympics – Bindra has given his recommendations to the sports ministry. Bindra remains the only individual gold medallist at the Olympic Games in a country of more than one billion. “We must understand what Olympic sports mean to us, we need to clearly define our aspirations. For China, it was very important for them to make a statement and Olympic Games is one way of doing that,” Bindra said. Grassroots and nutrition figure in Bindras priority list. “We need systems in place, we still have a lot to do in grassroot level. “We all talk about medals in multinational events, criticise after the Games but we dont pay enough attention to grassroot,” he said. Regarding nutrition, he said in many places, especially in villages and small towns, it is way below the required level and there are lots of challenges that needed to be addressed. “That is a very vital element going forward,” Bindra said on the importance of nutrition. Bindra, who said taking a call on retirement was easier than winning the gold medal at the Beijing Olympic in 2008, is optimistic about the future of Indian shooting, saying there is a lot of depth now. “Indian shooting has a lot of depth in talent. Its important to nurture their path, training them in the four- year Olympic cycle and I am sure that Olympic success will come if we follow this path.” He talked about the role played by culture, information and infrastructure in helping develop champion athletes. PTI AH SSC SSCadvertisementlast_img read more

Jamaica Waging War Against Non-Communicable Diseases – Dr. Ferguson

first_img Jamaica is on an active search for solutions to the question of health financing. NCDs account for over 70 per cent of preventable premature deaths. The high prevalence of NCDs have implications for the long-term progress of the country, as health in inextricably linked to development. Minister of Health, Hon. Dr. Fenton Ferguson, says that Jamaica is in the midst of a war on non-communicable diseases (NCDs), which he says, account for over 70 per cent of preventable premature deaths.He noted that the high prevalence of these chronic conditions, such as diabetes, hypertension, heart disease and cancers, have implications for the long-term progress of the country, as health in inextricably linked to development.“The debilitating effects of rampant NCDs or otherwise, an affliction of ill-health on our population, portends long-term effects with regards to the general level of productivity,” he argued.The Minister of Health was delivering the main address during Tuesday’s (November 12) opening ceremony of the 8th Caribbean Conference on Health Financing Initiatives at the Hilton Rose Hall Resort and Spa in Montego Bay.He noted that the focus of the conference is very timely as Jamaica is on an active search for solutions to the question of health financing.This, he said, as the country fights NCDs and commits resources to international health commitments, such as reducing premature deaths by 25 per cent by the year 2025. “We do not take this task lightly…because this war on NCDs has a lot to do with the level of resources we allocate to the effort,” he stated.Dr. Ferguson said that the task at hand is to develop sustainable arrangements that allows for the delivery of quality health care to the population.“Such arrangements should not result in any onerous imposition on those we serve, no additional hardships. Neither should it have a deleterious effect on health-seeking behavior,” he said, while stating the Government’s commitment to universal access to primary health care.He informed that on a wider scale, regional governments had mandated a review of health financing options and pointed to a report, which indicated that as much as US$300 million is being spent annually on care acquired externally.“The favourable conversion rate of resource inputs versus outputs places Jamaica and some other countries in the region in a good position in terms of health care delivery.  This fact gives us a comparative advantage regarding health care delivery.  What if we could do more in retaining even a portion of this US$300 million in this region?” Dr. Ferguson questioned.Approximately 100 delegates are participating in the three-day conference, which concludes on Thursday, November 14.These include health ministers and other ministers of government, health consulting firms, national and social health financing officials, and members of local and international health insurance and health service management companies.The objective is to increase understanding and share information and expertise in designing and managing national health financing initiatives. Story Highlightslast_img read more

AAJ Far Advanced With Divestment of Airport

first_img Mr. Montague also said that the AAJ intends to invest and upgrade the aerodromes that are currently operational in Negril; Ken Jones (Port Antonio); Tinson Pen; Lionel Densham (Treasure Beach) and Ian Fleming, St. Mary. “If all goes to plan we should have divested this asset by the end of the calendar year. The invitation for the bid is now open and the eight pre-qualified bidders have been invited,” he told the House, during his contribution to the 2018/19 Sectoral Debate in the House of Representatives on May 30. Minister of Transport and Mining, Hon. Robert Montague, says the Airports Authority of Jamaica (AAJ) is far advanced with the divestment of the Norman Manley International Airport.“If all goes to plan we should have divested this asset by the end of the calendar year. The invitation for the bid is now open and the eight pre-qualified bidders have been invited,” he told the House, during his contribution to the 2018/19 Sectoral Debate in the House of Representatives on May 30.The Minister informed that assessment and evaluation will be in June and that by September/October, the signing should take place with the preferred bidder.Mr. Montague also said that the AAJ intends to invest and upgrade the aerodromes that are currently operational in Negril; Ken Jones (Port Antonio); Tinson Pen; Lionel Densham (Treasure Beach) and Ian Fleming, St. Mary.He said the scope of works will include fencing, runway rehabilitation, repairs to terminals and establishment of pilot lounges.In addition, Mr. Montague said the AAJ is seeking a partner to assist with the setting up of an internal airline to assist with domestic movement of people and goods.“In today’s Jamaica we need scheduled internal flights, so the call is for persons in the private sector to come forward and let the negotiations begin,” the Minister said.Meanwhile, Mr. Montague said the Government is again moving to market and open up the country’s aviation industry.He informed that discussions have begun with private pilot associations in North America.“One association has 180,000 members. If we could get five per cent of the owners to come to Jamaica, that’s 9,000 flights per year or 25 flights per day. Can you imagine what that would mean for fuel sales, villa and car rental, aircraft maintenance, catering and additional jobs to bring more prosperity,” the Minister said. Minister of Transport and Mining, Hon. Robert Montague, says the Airports Authority of Jamaica (AAJ) is far advanced with the divestment of the Norman Manley International Airport. Story Highlightslast_img read more

No G20 member has climate plan strong enough to meet Paris targets

first_imgOTTAWA — Canada’s push to be an international leader in the fight against climate change may be hampered by a distinction that it produces the most per-person greenhouse gas emissions among G20 economies.Climate Transparency, a coalition of international climate organizations, is releasing its latest report analyzing the climate polices of G20 members, just two weeks before the group’s leaders summit in Argentina.The report says none of them has a plan in place to cut emissions enough to hit the goals of the 2015 Paris climate change agreement.The analysis says, on average, each Canadian produces 22 tonnes of greenhouse gas per year — which is the highest among all G20 members and nearly three times the G20 average of eight tonnes per person.Canadians are also the highest per-capita users of energy, with emissions from both the transportation sector and buildings four times the G20 average.Environment Minister Catherine McKenna, who is about to impose a national price on carbon, acknowledges Canada needs to do more — but says her focus for now is to implement the climate framework and then consider more-ambitious targets in the future.The Canadian Presslast_img read more