Two men stole a cell phone from a victim and struck the victim multiple times late Sunday night according to an email sent to the Notre Dame community from the Notre Dame Police Department on Monday.The robbery occurred on St. Vincent Street — two blocks south of Notre Dame’s campus. The suspects were described as being in their late teens to early 20s.“One suspect was described as a black man, approximately 5 feet 8 inches tall, wearing a dark-colored hooded sweatshirt and a fade haircut,” NDPD said in the email. “The second suspect was described as a white or Hispanic man, approximately 5 feet 8 [inches], wearing a light-colored hooded sweatshirt with the hood up or a hat on and longer hair.”The victim sustained minor injuries, and NDPD is currently investigating the incident with the South Bend Police Department.If anyone has any information regarding this crime, contact the South Bend police at 574-235-9263, the report said.The email reminded students to use safe transportation options and travel in groups in order to reduce the risk of robbery or assault.Tags: NDPD, robbery, suspects
Lebedev finishes with a 32-2-1 win-loss record, 23 by knockout (a loss to Guillermo Jones in 2013 was later changed to a no-contest when Jones failed a drug test).Interestingly, some argue that Lebedev might best be remembered for two losses: the one to Jones that was changed and a controversial split-decision against Marco Huck for the WBO cruiserweight title in December 2010. MORE: Join DAZN and watch more than 100 fight nights a year“The time has come to leave elite sport,” he said in a video posted to social media (translation via Twitter). “As a real man, husband and father, I must focus on my big family and try to give as much attention as possible to those closest to me.”Known for entering the ring in Russian paratrooper uniform, Lebedev won the interim WBA cruiserweight title in 2011 against James Toney and successfully defended it eight times through 2017.He also won the IBF belt in 2016 from Victor Emilio Ramirez but lost it seven months later to fellow Russian Murat Gassiev. Former world cruiserweight boxing champion Denis Lebedev announced his retirement Thursday at age 39, ending a lengthy and colorful career in the ring.Lebedev, who hasn’t fought since November, was hoping to face the then-unified cruiserweight champ Oleksandr Usyk, but the Ukrainian moved up to heavyweight in March. Then, after a planned bout against Frenchman Arsen Goulamirian collapsed last week, Lebedev apparently decided to retire.