Tag Archives: fxmote靠谱吗

Several injured in late-night smash-up

first_imgSeveral persons were rushed to the Georgetown Public Hospital following a two-vehicle collision on Tuesday night.The mangled remains of the car that was involed in the accident on Tuesday nightAccording to eyewitnesses, the accident, involving a Route 48 minibus and a private car, occurred around 20:35h. The minibus, bearing registration plate BTT 4214 and registered to a South Sophia resident, was heading west along Regent Street, while the car, registered as PEE 8062, was heading north along Albert Street when the two collided at the junction of the two streets in the Lacytown area.When Guyana Times arrived at the scene, it was evident that the impact was forceful due to the amount of debris left on the roadway, including shattered glass, children’s toys and footwear, along with the mangled vehicles which were rendered immovable.The driver of the packed minibus, who was identified as Gordon (only name given) was one of those rushed to the Hospital to receive medical attention. A passenger from the back of the bus, who seemingly lost a significant amount of blood due to injuries sustained to the head, was also rushed to the Hospital.According to a driver who wished to remain anonymous, the car struck the bus in the centre of its left side, which caused the vehicle to flip several times. It is still to be decided if alcohol and speeding played a role in the crash as Police are still investigating.It was also disclosed that the bus had crashed three times prior to this occasion.last_img read more

5-month-old electrocuted in Berbice

first_imgA five-month-old infant was on Tuesday electrocuted at his Region Six (East Berbice-Corentyne) home.Dead is Mason Cush of Lot 207 Number 76 Housing Scheme, Corentyne, Berbice.Reports are the infant’s mother Onessa Jackson, 27, took him off her bed at about 12:00h on Tuesday and placed him on the floor as she straightened the bedding. However, while on the floor, the infant grabbed hold of an electric wire which had scotch tape on a section which was broken. The infant reportedly made contact with the exposed part of the wire and was helpless; by the time Jackson realised what had happened, the child was electrocuted.He was rushed to the Skeldon Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival. The incident was reported to the Police and the mother was taken into custody. However, she was released on Thursday.A post-mortem examination is expected to be performed on the infant’s body today.last_img read more